Version 8.2.0 release notes
Check out the features/enhancements/fixes that we packed in version 8.2.0 of Front Matter.
Conditional UI for content-type fields
You can now define conditional UI for your content-type fields. This means that you can now show/hide fields based on the value of another field.
Info: You can find more information about this feature in the Field conditions documentation.
Splitting the frontmatter.json file in multiple files
You can now split the
frontmatter.json file in multiple files in order to keep it more manageable. This is especially useful when you have a lot of content types and/or fields.
Info: You can find more information about this feature in the Splitting the frontmatter.json file documentation.
More configuration options for content folders
frontMatter.content.pageFolders setting has two new properties which can be defined per content folder:
filePrefix: The prefix to use for the file name. By default, it's set to
contentTypes: The content types to use for the content folder. By default, all content types are allowed.
Info: Check out the frontMatter.content.pageFolders setting for more information.
Single line data files
Single data entry files are now supported. This means that you can now have a data file that contains a single entry, instead of an array of entries.
Info: For more info, check out the Data files documentation.
Improved UX for inserting media files to your content
While inserting media files to your content, there is now a new on hover effect to indicate that you can insert the file.
Search through your snippets
You can now search through your snippets in the snippets dashboard. This is especially useful when you have a lot of snippets.
Git syncing improvements
We've added a few improvements to the git syncing feature:
- Deleted files are now removed from the git repository
- Ability to use placeholders on the commit message
Info: You can find more information about this feature in the Git syncing documentation.
Optimizing the content dashboard load
The content dashboard is now much faster to load. We've optimized the way we load the content by using pre-processing, caching, pagination, and more.
You can now use the
frontMatter.dashboard.content.pagination to specify the number of items per page. By default, it's set to
16, you can still disable it by setting it to
In this version, we have added support for Hexo. You are now able to choose Hexo from the framework list during configuration.
Front Matter also supports Hexo's asset folders.
Info: Check out the frontMatter.content.publicFolder setting for more information.
✨ New features
- #360: Define which content types can be used on your page folders
- #406: Added support for single data entries in the data dashboard
- #428: Improved UX for inserting images to your content
- #430: Support for HEXO its
post_asset_foldersetting (image location)
- #434: Webview errors are logged in the extension output
- #440: Type to search/filter in the snippets dashboard
- #447: Allow to use placeholders on git commit messages
- #449: Show
titleis not set
- #450: Additional time placeholders added
- #458: Ability to configure the file prefix on folder level
- #431: Performance improvements for the content dashboard
- #448: Retrieving files fails when content folder name and workspace folder name are the same
- #455: Show a description for the SEO section when title nor description is set